Gareth Jones On Speed Extra Info:
Gareth Jones On Speed began in 2005 as a bit of fun for TV presenter Gareth Jones, who wanted to create a kind of “Fantasy Football” type show for cars & motorsport. News, the humour, songs, games, sketches, reviews and interviews gives this podcast an irreverent and entertaining feel.
Since then the show has steadily built up a loyal base of subscribers until it is now the most popular audio podcast about cars in the world. (ref: iTunes ‘automotive’ category) This year, big name motoring manufacturers and media groups have caught onto the power of podcasting and many have launched their own. However, “Gareth Jones On Speed” continues to beat them in the ratings, even though it continues to be made by a small independent TV and podcasting company, with no sponsors, no fuss, no noise… just a show people want to listen to. Primarily an audio podcast, occasionally however video editions are published, more are planned for the near future…
Gareth Jones - TV Presenter and motorsport reporter
Zog - (real name Paul Ireson) - New media producer and technology journalist
Richard Porter - Script Editor on BBC's Top Gear and the man behind the cult website www.sniffpetrol.com
Violet Berlin - TV presenter, writer and Science Communicator, "Britain's Best-Known Girl Gamer"
Facts and Figures
• Guests on the show have included F1 stars Jenson Button, Lewis Hamilton, Johnny Herbert, Jos Verstappen, Robert Kubica.
• All the music and songs are original, and created by the team themselves, artists parodied recently include Amy Winehouse, Eminem, U2 and The Pet Shop Boys.
• recommended on BBC World Service’s “Digital Planet”, chosen by London’s “Time Out” magazine as “Pick of the Week”, recommended in ‘The Observer ‘newspaper, and featured on the Podfinder UK video show.
• 200+ episode back-catalogue
• download for free from iTunes or www.garethjones.tv
•574,000 downloads in 2012.
• for 5 years now the most popular British audio automotive podcast in the world (ref: iTunes)
• competing with corporate giants Audi, BMW, Panasonic – and beating them.
A new twenty-odd minute episode of Gareth Jones On Speed is published around every 12 days. It is recorded in north London by Gareth Jones, Zog, Richard Porter and Violet Berlin. The show is edited mixed and produced for WhizzBang.tv by Gareth.
There is a Gareth Jones On Speed Facebook Fansite where you can chat with and other fans of the show and the team
You can follow Gareth Jones On Speed on Twitter with daily updates (most of the time) and get alerts whenever a new show is published
You can also visit the Official Gareth Jones On Speed YouTube mini-site, where you can view and share Gareth Jones On Speed Video episodes and make comments on them.
Gareth Jones On Speed can be downloaded for free from the iTunes Store. It is in iTunes Store/Podcasts/Games & Hobbies/Automotive
How You Can Support Gareth Jones On Speed
Gareth Jones On Speed, is now listened to regularly by thousands of people across the globe. But your support, encouragement and feedback is what keeps us going. Here's how you can help:
- Spread the word. If you like the podcast, do tell your friends, colleagues, suppliers and anyone else you think might be interested. Mention us on your website or blog too.
- Vote. One way to show your support is to vote for Gareth Jones On Speed on Podcast Alley. Just type in an email address once a month into the box below and confirm your vote. This email is only used for vote verification and nothing else. No need to worry about spam.
Gareth Jones On Speed is now the world's most popular British automotive audio podcast (source:iTunes)
- Directly target a highly focused and knowledgable audience.
- Exclusive sponsorship opportunities mean your business is featured prominently as a trusted brand.
- Your messages delivered with the power of radio and interactive media combined.
- Be part of a pioneering, growing Web 2.0 resource for SMEs.
- Measureable ROI when you need your marketing spend to count.
Sponsorship opportunities are avilable now for the podcast and the web site.
If your business or a business you know would like to sponsor Gareth Jones On Speed then please for further details.